Peck’s program is inspired by our institutional belief that, in life, knowledge must be guided by values. Whether in the virtual environment or physical one, this remains our guiding principle as we adapt our timeless and transformational program to the unique challenges and opportunities that arise during a time of social distancing. While distance learning cannot fully replace what happens face-to-face at Peck, our approach to virtual learning nurtures authentic student engagement, affords ample space for small-group and individualized attention, and preserves the strong ties that bind the Peck community.
Our distance learning program has five main goals:
- to deliver the innovative, inspiring, and rigorous program that Peck is known for, albeit virtually;
- to maintain a strong sense of community and teacher-student relationships;
- to nurture student agency, curiosity, and an authentic love of learning;
- to provide support and resources for families during this challenging time; and finally,
- to learn and grow together during this unique and unprecedented time.